Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Big Break Up

So I did it. I ended a 10 year long relationship last Friday when I broke up with my bank. I don't have reasons good enough for anybody, it's a bunch of little ones and none of them are my problem. They're all issues that family or friends have had that lead up to me wanting to peace out. And the fact that in my utter pathetic-ness my account is still linked to my parents and since they're abandoning ship I have to as well or face big charges for having NO money in my bank account. So I'm out.

But I did something stupid before I went last Friday. I put my paycheck into my account on Thursday so even though we broke up on Friday I had to wait until today to "get my stuff back." ie: get the remainder of my money.

Which I'm actually really happy happened. Because when I went in on Friday I had a male banker and guess what, he was kind of a douche. He was patronizing and kind of rude and short with me. Which, hey buddy, makes me never want to do business with you ever again. The woman that I had today was absolutely lovely, even though I was closing my account. We ended our conversation with her saying "If you ever decided to come back I'd love to be your banker and perhaps give you a better experience with us."

Now THATS how you do business. You never know, one day maybe I'll be leaving my new bank and maybe I'll come back. Probably not, but you made me seconde guess that fact for a split second.

So it took me about 4 weeks into the run of the show (A Christmas Carol) that big banks are Want & Ignorance. They are the ultamite Ebenezer Scrooge. They need some spiritual visits, stat.

And I'm not going to pretend that I'm so high & mightly, I've moved on to another bank. Not one quite as big as Chase, but still a big bank. I guess we can only hope & guess that it will get better soon. Maybe if a creepy ghost scares the crap out of them it will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment