Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Super Random

Last night I took a break from my period piece films (don't worry, Sense & Sensibility is in the DVD player right) to watch Super 8. I had heard that it was good but it was sooooo good.

It was like Lean on Me with a science fiction twist. As always Kyle Chandler was delectible & a pretty damn good actor too. I can't get into it to much because I refuse to give anything away, just see this movie.

But watching all these movies lately has made me realize how much I miss watching movies! I know it sounds ridiculous, but it really is a hobby of mine. And I'm kind of tired of being "embarassed" by it. I love it just as I love to see good theatre. I love it in the same way that I volunteered to work on my day off, because I love watching actors work and work well. There are some actors (and Chandler is one of them - if you haven't watched Friday Night Lights your missing out) that completely melt into their characters and you feel everything that they are feeling, as if they are in the room with them, as if you are a part of them.

And that's the whole point isn't it?

I miss acting. I didn't realize it until I was given an "extra" part in A Christmas Carol & then because of logistics it was then offered to another ASM. It all made perfect sense, you can't climb to a cat walk in a period piece gown. But I was sad.

I like to write because I like to escape into a world that I otherwise wouldn't be able to go to. In my books, the heroine always get's her man, she can travel anywhere in the world, she can travel anywhere in time. I can be anything. Go anywhere.

Acting empowers me to do the same. And I would like to see if I still have the chops. But I'm brokesky & I don't pretend to think that I can jump right back into it. I need some classes but I need some free classes. Any suggestions out there?

If anyones reading this. HELLOOOO! Is Rhonda there?????

Inside joke, if you get it you're the coolest.

No comments:

Post a Comment