Saturday, June 23, 2012

Perspective

Last night, I gained some.

It's such a tangled twisted ridiculous horrible amazing thing. Isn't it?

And for some reason it's the one thing NO ONE has when it comes to the first few months of a new romance.

$ & socks boy and I have been talking again and we're "taking it slow" which I thought I was fine with. And then I asked him what he was up to this weekend via text & he never responded. Then, because I'm desperate & pathetic I pretty much offered him some major heavy petting and he still never responded.

Don't I at least merit a response? Even if it's "Thanks, but no thanks?"

I'll get the message.

And that non-response almost ruined my night. I say almost because instead of moping, which was really high on my list for things to do, I went out with my friend Christine.

We were on a mission to meet someone for her. My head and heart are too much a mess to deal with it all right now. But our mission, if was so choose to accept it, was to find someone to smooch her.

Of course I would meet someone. OF COURSE!

Honestly I don't know what I'm doing except that he is super cute and apparently totally into my hotness. Haha. It's actually kind of hysterical bc before we started talking I saw him across the bar and said to my friend "How is that boy even old enough to be in this bar right now?'

He is old enough. By exactly enough.

But he was also the only one who saw my ID lying beneath my bar stool and picked it up for me. I must have dropped it about 30 minutes before and no one else picked it up for me. So we ended up chatting with him all night. And for 21 he had his game down pat. He talked to me but took time to talk to my friend too. And he walked us to our cars at the end of the night.

He walked away and I didn't give him my number. But Christine was like "WHY WOULDN'T YOU GIVE HIM YOUR NUMBER???"

and I was like... uhhh bc he's 21!!!! And she said I shouldn't care. So I didn't. I called after him and said "Tim, I know it's kind of cougar-esc but would you like my number?"

and he said.

"I would love your number."

And we've been texting pretty much all day.

Here's why this interaction was awesome.

Bc first of all, it's awesome to have someone react to you. Want to speak to you. Answer your texts.

I don' t know where this will go. But this guy is a genuinely sweet person and I'd like to get to know him better. So what if it's 50 Shades of Grey in reverse. No, it wont go that far. Creepy.

But I would like to get to know someone who treats me like I should be treated.

Anyway, guess who texted me apologizing this afternoon for falling asleep last night. Yup. $ & Socks.

And guess what... I'm not chasing after him anymore. But that doesn't mean I wont have fun with him either...

No comments:

Post a Comment