Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Plate of Lettuce

So I just made myself lunch after a fairly successful and productive day / morning.

I finished the novel I was reading called Outlander. An interesting read if one is ever looking. But you must enjoy sexy swashbuckling Scots, which who doesn't?

Then I cleaned my room to the rhythm of a lovely dance party. Thank you Nicki Minaj for sponsoring that partay.

I finished my new craft that will hopefully keep me motivated. Here is a beautiful photograph that's thanks to Instagram. The idea is thanks to Pinterest!!!


The idea is that I move stones from the "Pounds to Lose" Cup into the "Pounds Lost" Cup. Since I've moved home from Scotland I've lost 20 lbs, so that's what's already in that cup. And the Celebratory Drink is exactly what it says it is. My plan is to have a drink out of that B-E-A-UTIFUL cup once every 5lbs lost.

After I finished my craft, I won a staring contest with Daisy and then did a Jillian Michaels DVD that kicked my tuchus.

Then I played on Pinterest some more. Something new and interesting for me!!!

After that I solidified plans to see the love Emily Maditz on Sunday. There are... no... words... for. the. happy.

Any who how, when I finally went to make myself a meal (instead of the peach and bite of pasta salad I had eaten thus far) I found myself staring at the same plate of lettuce I'd been eating for the last few days. So today I decided to shake things up. Thus the title of this post. Here is a short list of the way I spice up my salads. Mind you doing ALL of these at one time makes the salad much less healthy. So I will usually choose 1 or 2 of these at a time. Bon Appetite!!!

1. Feta. Feta. I love you. Will you marry me? Thanks.
2. Craisens. nom nom nom.
3. Walnuts. (or whatever types of nuts. whatever nuts you like)
4. Lemon & a little olive oil in place of calorie filled dressings. Squeeze a little of that on top... mmm.
5. A little salt and / or a little pepper.
6. Deli meat... I love me some turkey or chicken. Only one or 2 slices... don't go crazy.
7. Red, yellow or orange peppers (I'll eat this with nadda, not like an apple bc the seads target my vom reflex)
8. Avacado. I don't think I need to say anymore about this.
9. Salmon patty.
10. And my guilty guilty once in a blue moon I'm feeling glutonous pleasure... ranch dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment