Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Have No More...

Matthew 5:4: Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted



I have no more Grandpas. They're all gone. And it hurts to think that he wont be at my wedding.

When I was 18 my Grandpa had his first "scare" and I remember telling my mom that he better get it together cause I expect him to be at my wedding.

And then I shitted around for the last 2 years and didn't have one.

My Grandfather was a firecracker to say the very least. Some of his best gems were.


Grandpa: What are you up to over there?
Gina: Nothing.
Grandpa: How'd you like a nice smack on the head?


Me: Hi Grandpa, may I please speak with Mom?
Grandpa: Who's that?
Me: Susan Clare McCrostie?
Grandpa: I don't know any Susan McCrostie. I know a Sue Ramaglia who lives in sin with this guy in North Jersey!


Grandpa: Who the hell buys anyone a car for a gift???
Me: Didn't you get me a Lexus this year Grandpa?
Grandpa: Oh yeah, it'll be here next Tuesday.


Me: I'm think about coming down to visit next week -
Grandpa: Oh, I'm busy, I'll be washing my hair.

My Grandpa was bald.


It's been a roller coaster of a month. Waiting. It seemed like all we did was wait since Thanksgiving.

But God gave us the Grace of keeping him through the holidays. And now, he's probably up in Heaven giving Jesus and the Apostle such a hard time. Heck, he's probably even being fresh to the Big Man. And he gives me one less reason to fear death, because that's when I'll get to see him again.

Miss you already Grandpa, a lot, but I bet you finally have that full head of hair up there. You know, the one I've been busting your chops about for the last few years?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Janni, Gina & Sue - I am so sorry! Hugs all around, prayers for all the family. I know he's up there giving all a "hard time." love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland

    Janice, I love the above conversations you posted...they are memories that will stay with you forever. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God bless you in this time of need. ♥

    ReplyDelete