Monday, March 4, 2013

High School Called...

it wants it's broken heart back.

Wow. Wowsa. Wowsers. I haven't felt that way in a while. Damn.

A friend set me up with someone they work with. Just via text message. And when they did it, it didn't feel right. I was like "blerg, I guess so. Why not. Maybe it's not a good idea. Fine Ok!"

We never even got past the text messaging portion of the program because I realized a few things.

The first being that I'm totally into this friend. WORST! I realized it when I realized that this friend says I'm always mean to him. Which I attributed to that being just how I act with friends. I'm always busting chops. But when I really thought about it I realized it's because I can never have them. Which is sad day USA.

So all of this was Friday and I moved on with my life, happy as a clam. La di da. Having major plans to get over that and be nicer in general. It's not his fault I'm not his type, right?

So when we talked earlier today he told me about his new girl and how great she is. Fan-fucking-tastic. Then he was all "wanna see a picture." and on reflex I'm all "no."

I said yes a few seconds later, mainly because HELLO! dead give away.

But as he's talking about her saying that she isn't what I would expect him to be dating, she's curvy and all this stuff. I'm like... why? why do I  need this information? Why do you feel like I need to know your dating a girl that has the same body as me?

Further why earlier in the conversation did you have to crack a joke about how I not all guys can be such a catch as you?

What do you think I spend all my time pining away for you?

False, it's only been the past weekend when I realized I dig you with a big spoon. It's only been 3 days of pining. So get over yourself.

Anyway. The other reason we never got past a few texts is because this guy is sending me photos of his super heavy tattoos, telling me that they mean things like "No Forgiveness" and "Trust No One." Anyway. If this is like week 2 and I'm already seeing the type of person you are, then there are no red flags. Because I'm able to compute the negative aspect of those tattoos with who you used to be. But now, when we haven't even met yet? Now? You know what that says to me now?

Abort mission.

So I haven't responded to texts. I think I will let him down easy, since my friend told me that apparently he's sensitive. The last thing I need right now is sensitive. What I need is someone who will sweep me off my feet in his pick up truck and take me out to watch him tame a bull. If you know someone like that send them my way.

I offered my Janice's Boot Camp but that's about all I'm available for right now.

Who am I kidding? I can't be available for anyone else but me right now.

One thing that does make me happy... Turns out I can still feel that "tight, can't breath, don't know whats happening, ouch maybe that's my heart" feeling that you get when there's something you want but can't have. Which I haven't felt since High School. Or maybe College. At least since about 22.

Turns out I can still feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment