Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sibling Revelry

I realized this morning that I've talked about my parents on this piece but never about my brother and sister. Which is weird because even though I complain about her sassy ass and his prodigal son status, I really did hit the jack pot with my siblings.

So first there's my brother, who is the greatest catch in the known universe. Ok, maybe Ryan Gosling could give him a run for his money. But actually the more I think about it, the more he kind of reminds me of Ryan Gosling. Which makes me need to stop right NOW.

Ok so not only is my brother like the kindest most genuine person I know, he like legit doesn't gossip. He doesn't tell me things because he knows I have this huge mouth and when I try to gossip with him he's like "I really don't care." and in my mind I'm like "HOW COULD YOU NOT CARE THAT SO in SO is DOING SO in SO RIGHT AFTER BREAKING UP WITH SO in SO!?!?" Which is like unreal to me and makes me want to be a better person.

Which leads me to the next thing, he's a really good influence. He's super healthy, keeps himself really fit and eats pretty clean for the most part. Yes he still has beers and such but he's done with soda. DONE! who does that? I can make it like 2 weeks, tops without the fizzy delisciousness and then I'm done.

He also has his life, like totally together. I mean I know no one is perfect, but he's kind of close. Bought a house last year. Working for the same company for the past 10 + years all while furthering his education at NJIT. Does a different 5K, 10K, Tough Mudder ish thing every month. I mean really?

Finally, one of my favorite things about my brother is his sense of humor. I'm sure I get it more than others because we share the same DNA, but damn that boy can crack me up. It's like his comic timing is in his blood.

Anyway, I'm done gushing. He's just a caring and good person and I'm very lucky to call him MY brother.


Then there my little sister. We haven't always had the best relationship because we went through that phase where I put her in a box and then in the bathtub (what I was 8 years old) and then when she was a teenager I was a self righteous 20 something. But the thing is, I always knew, even if I had just called her a little bitch, she would have my back. She is one of the most loyal people I have ever met, to those she truly loves and cherishes. When I returned from Glasgow with some kind of big news that I was very nervous to tell my parents about I knew I could tell her and she would support me. I told her before mom and dad so that I could have that rock. In a lot of ways she is my rock because I know that I can count on her completely on an emotional level. Which is crazy important since I'm kind of a looney tune.

She's also kind of a genius with the book smarts. Like me, she could give or take science and math but she reads like a fiend. And everything you could think of. She's read ALL of the Lord of the Ring series and tones of super smart books that are probably too heavy for me, but also enjoys a good jaunt through Panem or Hogwarts. Which is kind of an awesome amount of well rounded-ness.

And I don't mean to brag but she's kind of an internet celebrity on the Tumblr.

But one of the coolest things about my little sister is how passionate she is about her beliefs. Now I adhere to the idea that woman's rights should be a given, but I hear rumor that not every one believes my lady bits are my own business, which is weird. My little sister is so informed on politics that involve woman's rights and speaks out about it no matter what the company. Which sometimes makes me cringe at first, but then I'm usually in awe of her. Because she is so educated, chances are she's about to shut you down.

So that's my brother and sister. And I cannot wait to celebrate my little sisters big 21st birthday in a few weeks. Especially since my brother will be there. Which is kind of awesome. I love that I have siblings that actually enjoy spending time with one another. Which is super luck. I'm a super lucky chick.

Now how about that, Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment