Monday, March 26, 2012

The Follow Through

In some ways I lead a really fantastic life.

As in.

I hung out with not 1 but 2 celebrities this weekend. Define "hung out"? Will do.

I passed them numerous times in the hallway during our annual Gala and more than once they smiled back at me. Woo. I'm totally famous.

But seriously it was a pretty cool day. I was freezing the whole night, but what are you gonna do?

At 9:30 AM I drug my butt into the Short Hills Hilton to begin setting up for the 2012, 50th Anniversary Gala for The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey. We ran around like chickens all day, then got all dolled up & hosted the event. My supervisor & I sat behind a table all night selling Golden Eggs with prizes inside valuing anywhere from $2 to $750. And the eggs were all $50. Yes, I was surrounded by the mother ship.

Evening with how exhausting it all was & how cold I was it was a good time.

I think my favorite part was bonding with our new facilities guy Rob. Now I can say on here, because I'm pretty sure he knows & most everyone at my work knows, that Rob is gorgeous. He's pretty to look at. Plus he has tattoos, so... swoon.

Anyway since Rob is the opposite of my type, even though he's pretty and crush worthy, there is no crush, so I'm absolutely myself around him. Which includes, but is not limited to, annoying the crap out of him. I asked him any question that popped into my mind. Ranging anywhere from "how often do you work out?" to "do you drink?" to "where are you from?" to "you got a girlfriend?" to "how do you do a proper pushup?"

OK I haven't asked him that last one yet but I fully intend on doing it because I really am curious.

So what is it about a guy that I know I have no chance with / am not interested in that makes me completely act like myself? What is that? I wish I could do that around people I'm into. That's the point right? Ughh!! If I'm actually into you I act a total fool.

Oye vey!

So that was my Saturday. On Sunday I went out to the golf course with my dad because he'd "like to be able to play golf with his daughter" I told him that he was just giving up on playing golf with his son. he laughed and said that he hadn't but it's prooooooobably true.

The funny thing about golf is that it runs parallel with my life. We were practicing putting & chipping and with nearly every swing my dad said "You have to follow through!" after about the 3rd or 4th time I realized...

HOLY METAPHOR FOR MY LIFE!!! I have no follow through.

Isn't that sad.

I need to follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment