Wednesday, February 13, 2013

We're Gonna Make it After All

I'm there again. I made it. I someone how fought through the haze and the fog of being pathetic and realized, I am happy being single. And I swear to fricken' God (yeah I said it) if anyone comes in and messes this up I am going to be so pissed.

Here's how I realized this... I have plans coming up to go to a Craft Beer Fest with Kari & Steve & I have plans to go out to PSU with Bridget, Kari, Steve & Arthur (among others) in the month of March. Big Saturday plans full of socializing and I realized that I don't want to be tied down when I'm at these events. I want to be able to flirt and not care about texting someone back or making sure I don't go too far. I also realized that the last time I got to the Happy Place (what I am now calling that moment when you realize being single is where it's at) it was the same type of situation. One day I just woke up and decided I'm done trying because I have future stuff that is more important than a boy toy.

So I deactivated my OK Cupid profile. I don't need the distraction of dudes right now.

It's not the best timing as I was had a date on Sunday with one guy and another on Monday with another guy. Both perfectly pleasant lovely people who I will probably see again if they ask but then I'll have to tell them that I'm not looking for anything serious at the moment. Awkward. I hate that conversation, mostly because it makes me feel like a dude.

But I have a month and half left on my ridiculously expensive CKO membership and I intend on getting my moneys worth. Dates interfere with that, so no bueno.

Today is a great day. Tomorrow may not be a great day but today is good. So I am good. Holler Shot Caller.


1 comment: