Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lazy Days & Good TV

I am so lazy lately. It's horrible. But it's like a sickness isn't it? It starts with missing one day of working out, laying in bed, partying, being not active.

And then suddenly the next day and the next you're just the same. Lazy butt!!!

It wouldn't be so bad if the rest of my days weren't chock full of crap going on so I can't really squeeze it in until Saturday now. OK I just lied to you. Rude. I could squeeze it in but that would mean getting up wicked early. Which is gross city. I've just been so sleepy lately. I'll get better. I have to get better.

Good golly I'm even annoying myself right now. Let's switch gears shall we?

O.M.G. Did anyone else see Downton Abbey or Revenge or Castle in the last few days???? Cause I did and it was ridiculous!!!! So I guess now is where I say SPOILER ALERT.

Let's start with Downton. I'm not going to freak about the same thing that everyone else is. We all knew that Dan Stevens was leaving the show. So for me, watching that last episode was more a waiting game then a cry fest. I knew he was going so I was just waiting to see how it happened. I'm more pissed about the way they did it than anything. First off, it happened almost exactly when it happened for Branson and Sybil. Right after the baby is born. Which I guess is super nice for the viewers, yay happy moment, but it's just too much. Too balanced. What really killed me in this episode was the Mrs. Hughes/Branson scene where Mrs. Hughes tells him that Sybil would be proud of him and he breaks down. Kill me now and let me marry Tom Branson please!!!! Also the whole Jimmy / Thomas deal, my heart hurt! When Jimmy is all "I can never give you what you want." And Thomas asks for friendship and Jimmy says something like "That I can do." well that was an American 2013 version of what he said. Anyway, in my opinion although the ending ending was like a big F-U I really felt like the rest of the characters story lines were like a big Thank You. So I'm good with how Downton ended. I may be one of the only ones.

So then there's Revenge. Not quite as lovely but just as heart wrenching. After a crazy wild ride with that coo coo banana pants Nate, Amanda finally does something I appreciate and pushes Jack off out into the wild blue yonder so she can save him. But when Emily and Nolan find his bod', she sends Nolan back to shore with Jack and goes after Amanda. Now, throughout the show you've recognized that Emily really does care for her, but it wasn't until this episode that you've realized that she truly loves her. And whenever Emily Thorne comes unraveled forget about it! I become a sobbing mess. I think it just has to do with the fact that 90% of the time she is a badass bitch, so when she starts to come undone, I become undone. The more I watch this show the more I realize how amazing Emily Van Camp is. I mean the rest of the cast is incredible, but she was never my uber favorite until now. She is rocking my socks off this season. So is Nolan, but he always did.

Ok. Ok. Ok. Ok. So now the real show I want to talk about and not just because I'm watching it for a second time with my father right now. Castle. One of the only shows on television that I can honestly say brought their main characters together and the entire show has not gone down the shitter. This past episode Rick Castle's daughter gets accidentally involved in an Egyptian politicians daughter's kidnapping. Here's why this episode had me sobbing the whole time... Nathan Fillion. He's usually the goofball who solves the case through his wit. This episode he pulls an Emily Thorne and falls apart. I. CAN'T. DEAL. I cannot deal watching my beloved funny man hurt so much. Ugh. That word right there describes my biggest feeling. Ugh. My gut wrenched. My heart broken. For 45 minutes. I have the biggest hope that this two part "event" will end happily. I mean in the preview for next week they crack a Liam Neeson joke so I can only hope that things turn out well for Alexis. Cause also, lets be honest some more... she's one of the only truly talented young actresses out there so I'd sure shit be bummed if they took her off the show.

Well that turned around fast.

I guess I'll let you all know I've re-evaluated my Lent sacrifice. So much so that I don't have one right now. Awkward. Sorry Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment