Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Think I Figured It Out

I think the reason I get so attached to these characters is for a two reasons specifically.

First, when they're lost, it showcases the how fleeting life is & that I could lose anyone in any moment.

Second, because half the people I love are scattered all around the freakin' world. Mother, trucker.

So in their honor I thought I'd make a list of all the people I miss today & everyday, and where they are.

Starting with the furthest away.

Greece: Georgia & Ioanna. (& co.)
Scotland: Gregor, Sylvia, Christine, Flat Hat...
England: Ian (look at this lone wolf?)
Ireland: Loubaba.
Canada: Andrea & now Cara too!!! (at least now she's a wee bit closer, but not a less expensive flight. gross) Oh & Mr. Whelan, you should know I miss you as well.
San Francisco: Carissa & Cai & some family too.
New Mexico: Emily Jean Embler.
Chicago: Margaret & Tim
Michigan: Jodi Holliday & her amazing family. Same goes for Nicky & Tiffany & Nicole & countless other friends made over one year of amazing times.
New Orleans: DJ Pelanapricot.
Florida: Amanda, Adam, Abigail, Benjamin, Margie & Jeff
Georgia: The Ramaglias...
Tennessee: My German Sheppard: Laura Baisden, also my soulmate in some ways I think.
North Carolina: The McCrosties (especially Magga-dooooo!)
West Virginia: Beth, Nolan, Eli & Travis. Kyle. Sarah & John. Allison. Lesllie & Gabe. Heather & Jeff. MaryAnne. The Beave. Dr. John Saunders.
Maine: My Grandma & other friends I rarely get to see.
Washington DC: Emiliy Maditz
Massachusetts: Christy & Danielle & Kelly & apple cider. Jeni (& Nick too bc he's a part of Jeni even though we only hung out once!)
Delaware: Kristina & the elusive Andy. I will meet you someday.
Pennsylvania: My Shawn/Seans. Which are to close to miss this much. Missy & Nick. Ditto.

Then there's the list of people who I have fallen apart from, not necessarily in an argument, but just how life goes & there's not turning around. People who I would probably give anything just to share a cup of coffee with, or a Ma-harita. Jamie. Kyle. Amy. Chris. Aaron. Megan.

Are these the people I've been running from every time I move somewhere new?


If you're not on this list it means you don't matter. Just kidding. It means it's 9 AM and my brains not working. And I'm sure I'll go back and edit this a bagillion times before I even get slightly closer to having it done. These are the people that live far enough away from me that I spend my time wishing  they were here. Worrying that something might happen & that I'm to far away to be of any assistance if it does. I know this is no way to live your life. I'm going to go back to MockingJay one more time (ha who are we kidding), with a quote that I hope hits home like it did for me:

"What I need is a dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter  how bad our losses. That it can be good again."

I know the old homage that if you spend your life worry about whats going to happen to those you love, than you're not going to have much of a life. But every once and a while it sneaks up on me & I can't help it. Luckily it sneaks up on me when I'm not paying attention & have my head in a book. Because when I defer these fears onto fictional characters, it makes it much much easier to get over.

Anyway. I miss you all. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment