Monday, August 15, 2011

The Leaves Are Already Changing

I noticed something as I hopped out of my car after the gym today, the leaves are already changing.

Then, I also noticed, that I work my butt off at the gym and come home and eat grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner.

I've told myself in the past that I work out for 2 main goals. To lose weight and to make it so that when I want to splurge I can.

My brother, who is fit as a fiddle, barely ever splurges.

I need to take a page out of his book.

I think I want to start auditioning again. I would say I don't know where it came from but that's not true. It came from Catching Fire & MockingJay. I'll pause now so you can sigh, or laugh, or throw something at the computer.

Anyway there's a character in the books that I would just love to play, Johanna Mason. But of course I have more than a few obstacles. Let's start with the first and I think most basic. I have no headshots & zero crudentials. Then the more difficult. I have no agent & no way of contacting anyone involved with the films. All I know is that they're filming the first one in & around Charlotte, NC. Where I do actually have family, so I have that, a place to crash. Haha. Fannnnf***ingtastic.

Anyway. The leaves aren't just changing. They're falling too.

And I can't help but think I haven't given you guys much to read about. I promised a humorous depiction of what a girl who lives with her parents and is trying to get her life back on track will do. And really, I haven't done much.

I'm boring.

Well, I'm not boring, I'm funny as hell. But my life is.

I gotta do something. And now is the time. Now is the time to act and stop being an idiot. "Act" meaning in both literal applications.

I haven't trained in years, but I act every day. I burst into characters all the time.

My most famous character is "bitch at the gym." I play her when I walk into the gym like I don't give a shit about anyone & beline for my machine. Then, I wont hesitate to say outloud "Are you serious???" when phone lady talks on her phone for 10 years. I also avoid eye contact & if we do exchange glances I'm very certain you are going to think I hate you. Maybe I do, a little.

Another of my favorites is "quiet wallflower". She only comes out on special occassions, where I'm drinking around people I don't really know. Again avoid the eye contact and only speak up when directly spoken to. This character thoroughly confuses my friends, as they think I've been hijacked.

Or how about "super nice patron." Just give me my change and shut up, thanks so much.

I can act. I know I can act. It's one of the few things I can actually do. And now that I am slowly start to get my body into shape, I guess I'm not as scared of trying anymore. So now it's time to not hold back with the workouts any longer. When I get back from Maine, it's on like donkey cong. I'm also going to try and run while up there, here's to hoping I don't get killed by a rig full of lobsters. But yet, what a delicious way to die.

Because you can't play a half starved girl when you're chubby.

I'm going to ask 2 things of you guys.

A. Hold me accountable, food and work out wise. Send me texts, emails & fb messages if my workouts are any shorter than.... hmmm 2 hours??? And if I eat inappropriately more than once every 2 weeks, give my ass a hard time. My job needs to be to get in shape, since I don't have a real job.

&

2. Keep your eyes open for info on Catching Fire Auditions. Am I a weirdo or what? but even if I could be an extra I'd be a happy happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment