Monday, August 29, 2011

A Maine Photo Album

Hey everyone!!! Just got back from our great trip to Maine. It was a week full of hiking and eating and writing. I figured I'd give you a photo tour of the entire trip. Enjoy!

Snuggle Buuuuuggggg!!! Wedged with my sister, Gina for 10 hours in the back seat. So fun!!!


 Apparently this is an issue at rest stops in Connecticutt. Why am I not surprised...


Grandma's house from the side entrance. This is where you would enter if you were a guest at her B&B.

Mom & Dad reinacting Titanic on the boat out to Isle au Haut. This may have not been the best choice ever considering we were on a boat in the middle of some pretty icy waters. hmmmm...


 Some of the best chocolate I have ever tasted in my entire life. I seriously had an out of body experience, especially with the flowery one. It was Raspberry something let me have more.


I like this guy, he has a few things going on here that I really enjoy. First the big old love of a dog in the back seat. Second who doesn't love some good wooden Moose antlers on their car. And finally, he's an Obama man. Love it.


I like pretending to be a Giant, it makes me not feel so bad for being a chub. Don't worry, I didn't really pull out those trees in anger.

 Absolutely beautiful. Sorry that's all I have to say about that. Oh and that I love it here.


Gorgeous...

 The view from my nap. It was a long 4 miles.


 The coast of Duck Harbor on Isle au Haut.


 Thank you...


For protectin' us from the houligans that could gather in this park.

 Gina teaching Dad how to do the myspace kissy face!!!!


 Heyyyyyy youuuuuuu guyyyyyysssss!!!! doesn't this remind you of Goonies???


One of my favorite pictues ever of Stonington Harbor. With this photo, I can kind of explain why I love it up there so much.


NATURE.

 My dinner companion...


 The Killer Cat. Seriously, beware.


 Not taken in black & white, it was just super foggy. I love this photo.


MMMMMMM... what will become of my dinner companion...

 Another great shot, not to toot my own horn!


 A barnacle. A very BIG barnacle. In case you ever wonder what I have a phobia of.


 The best invention EVER. I must get one...

Dontcha want to put a little bow in it? It's dad's renegaid hair above the drivers seat. So funny.


So we left yesterday afternoon to get home, to drive through what was left of Hurricane Irene to get home. It was pretty smooth sailing because there was no one else on the roads. Until we got to NY and all the highways were closed so we had to take back roads all the way from Route 17 in NY to Denville. It was definitely an adventure. And once we got to Denville, we still had to take Indian Lake home because apparently they've put in a new Lake in the streets of Denville. Insane. I'm thankful that everyone I know is safe and sounds. And I pray for those that lost their lives and their families.

It's been crazy few days. I'm giving myself one more day off my diet & tomorrow it's on like Donkey Cong. I'm holding myself accountable to you all... so please stay on top of me.

Love ya lots.

See ya tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. The hair pic, cracked me up...Is that red hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha no! It's grey. it's ALL grey these days!

    ReplyDelete