Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It Came To Me in a Dream

I haven't been much of preacher on this thing because I feel like that makes people gun shy. When I share my faith I like it to be conversation, not a railroading.

With that I'll share that I am a Christian woman, who loves J.C. and talks to Him often through prayer. Not the kneel down by your bed prayer, but just constant conversation with the Man.

I was driving to meet some friends for dinner yesterday and I thought, this is a good time. So I just sent up some requests, asking Him to just push me in a direction. I feel like I'm being pulled all over the place and don't really know where I'm going. In the past I've been so lucky with job finding that I got spoiled & now I feel a little lost. Basically the main theme of the the prayer was ...Throw me a fricken' bone here!!!

If I'm meant to have a real big girl job, at least get me an interview at this place I just applied. As opposed to the other 3 places I applied (one of them including the place I just re-applied to) or give me a brainstorm for the novel that I started two weeks ago and then walked away from because couldn't figure out where it was going. Which is about as frustrating as an ingrown toenail. Not that I ever allow myself the luxury of ingrown toenails. I believe pretty feet are a staple of life.

And this morning I had an answer to my prayer, in the form of a dream. I've always understood, and may be wrong about this so any psychology people can tell me so, that you dream all night but you only remember the dreams that happen right before you wake up. That's why this specific dream is so special, I wouldn't have normally woken up. It was 7:45 in the morning and my dad decided to start working on the walkway outside, so the tap tap tap of his hammer brought me back to reality. And with that, the idea for where my book is going. And I believe it's going to be really. really. really good.

No I'm not going to tell you what it's about. But I'll tell you what has inspired me. JK. Rowling, everything about her. I have a girl crush. The magic in Harry Potter (shocked gasps across the world). My father's tales of an older woman who he used to spend afternoons with, soaking up her stories. My dreams. Maybe a little bit of Narnia. And Jude Law... for some reason he was there.

I knew my story was somewhere, I just had to find it. And then I said a little prayer & there it was.

Don't ever underestimate the power of talking to The Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment