Monday, September 19, 2011

Emmy Schmemmy

So last night was the Primetime Emmys and they were spectacular! I honestly cannot remember the last time I enjoyed an award show so much! Every time I watch award shows like this one it makes me jealous. Jealous and kind of mad at myself for never trying. I think it's the watching of actors as actual people, not as their characters. And how they're all friends and such. Anyways, that's over.


Jane Lynch's Opening Number was hilarious with great cameos. My favorite was the Friday Night Light boys, I'll always have a soft spot for those guys!

The night was kicked off with a bunch of great but expected wins. Julie Bowen & Ty Burrell took home the Outstanding Supporting Emmys for Modern Family. Which I think is kind of awesome cause they play husband and wifesky. Love it!

The Outstanding Comedic Actress nominess stoll the show with their impromptu performance. Well at least they pulled it off like it wasn't planned. And it was hilarious! But then when it was announced that one of the dark horses, Melissa McCarthy, won and all of their faces were actually extactic for her, that was another one of those moments that I was way jealous. I love her, she's hysterical and it was well deserved. Though all these woman are hilarious I was rooting for Melissa or Martha Plimpton. What can I say, I have a thing for the underdog.

The Lonely Island's montages was ridiculous as always, The sound is off a little on this but you get the idea.

And my Friday Night Lights finally got some of the recognition they deserved over the last 4 or 5 years. Jason Katims won for Outstanding Writing and Kyle Chandler won for Outstand Lead Actor. Though Connie Britton didn't win, I think that the competition was really stiff in both categories and a nod to one of them is a nod to both. They wouldn't be Tammy & Eric Taylor without one another. Love you so much FNL, best show on TV for sure.

Finally for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, Margo Martindale took it home for her role in Justified. I never watch this show but from the clips shown last night it was very well deserved. I can't lie I kind of love the fact that not one, but 2 chubs took home the little winged man last night. Maybe, finally, it's being recognized that being able to act has nothing to do with how you look.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box. Got a lot to do today because Gregor get's here tomorrow!!! Holler!!! So excited to see him & listen to the sultry sounds of his voice. Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment