Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's Funny Because...

I've been complaining a bit about how I am not where I wanted to be, but this morning I had an epiphany.

I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

It happened when I arrived at "work" today. Last night I got a text with the news that Layah is finally walking and this morning she was eating her breakfast and she had some applesauce was in her hair and on her PJs and we both had strawberry jelly all over our hands.

And I was happy. I may not be knee deep in the script for my newest Pulitzer winning play but I get to hang out with the coolest little munchkin all day. And maybe I needed that. While getting my Masters my brain went from a mundane office work setting to hyper drive study town. For a whole year.

Maybe I needed some down time, to play catch up. Catch up in my brain & in life.

I still sometimes feel like I don't fit here anymore. I was gone for a year, I don't know what I expected, but everyone's moved on and I'm trying to see where I fit. Huh, maybe that's my next play.

I've thought about the theatre world a lot, I've gotten a very small taste of it NYC style. I'm not entirely certain it's for me. I may be for the more low key brand of local theatre, that's just as fantastic, just closer to home. I've come to the conclusion in life that I will never not want to spend time with my family... I'm one of the lucky ones I guess.

So I'm going to go spend the day with this super cool baby that makes me laugh & smile. Really, what could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment