Monday, May 23, 2011

A mid Mid Life Crisis

So this past weekend 2 of my friends (that I know of) got married & 2 of my sorority sisters (that I know of) got engaged. 1 person (that I know of) had a baby. I know, I know...

I'm still young. But watching a Jane Austen film, listening to Anne Elliott & Charlotte Lucas talk about being over the hill & dried up at 27, does not help.

I know times have changed & that I am no longer considered damaged and barren at 27, but sometimes I start to feel like it. This is not how I planned my life to go.

But you know what they say, you plan & God laughs.

Still can't help but plan. Here is where I was supposed to be at 27:

1. Married or on my way to being married (My mother had been married for 5 years at my age)
2. Baby or 2 or 3 or one on the way (My mother had 2 kids at my age)
3. Uhhh have my own place (yeah... she did. She shared it with us but she did)
4. Either have some sort of career or make my money the old fashion way, raising my children.

Where I actually am at 27:

1. No where near being anything that even resembles marriage. I can't even talk to guys at the bar and I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series.
2. Kinda would like number one to go hand in hand with number 2, but I'm not fussy. It is however mutually exclusive with number 4 if number 1 isn't an option.
3. I have my own space, but it still has posters on it's wall. Sorry Princess Bride is the bomb.
4. Need to be more self motivate, that's for sure.

In order to keep my self confidence up a little... Things I have accomplished at 27:

1. Bachelor & Master degrees in subjects that I love.
2. I'm a genuinely good person who has a small vice of being very funny in her judgment of you.
3. I know what type of work I don't want to do for the rest of my life - corporate American can bite my tookis.
4. I've made incredible friends throughout my journeys of living near & far.


Those are some pretty good accomplishments. Right? Yeah they are, I don't care what your jealous butt says.

Maybe I need to start making goals for my months or weeks. Eh? Where did this post come from? So random right?

Anybody else excited for Dancing With the Stars finale tonight? It's a big week in television... both DWTS and Idol finales. So fun! ...so pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment